The First Week of Lent – Friday
March 6, 2020
by Jill Duffield, Presbyterian Outlook editor
There are promises in the Bible that require us to enter a mystery that we can never fully understand, but can surely relish. Jesus tells us in these verses that we are united with God through him, that he abides in us and we in him. Read these verses several times and rest in the knowledge of your closeness with the holy.
Dear God, we rest in knowledge too wonderful for us, knowing that you are as close to us as our own breath, closer even. We will never understand the mystery of being united in Christ and, through Christ, made a part of the holy Trinity. Our only response is to rejoice in your grace and give thanks. Amen.
- A Message from Ellen 3-29-23 March 29, 2023
- Lenten Devotional by Bill Wannamaker March 22, 2023
- A Message from Ellen 3-15-23 March 15, 2023
- Lenten Devotional from Ellen March 14, 2023
- Lenten Devotional by Jodi Beckham March 8, 2023