To find out more about any of the opportunities listed below, please email us at email@example.com and ask for more information.
Sunday School: From 10 – 10:45am – we offer a variety of classes for adults. Some of our classes meet throughout the school year, and some are short term and focus on a topic or theme. And summer classes normally follow a different schedule. For our most up to date list of educational offerings, please see our Education News or email us for more info.
Wednesday Evening: We call our Wednesday night programming Kirk Night. During the School year, Kirk Night begins with a meal for all ages at 5:30. (Make a reservation by Tuesday noon to let us know that you are coming). Programming for adults lasts until 7:15. Programming for children and youth is seasonal but also available.
Bible Studies: Studying Scripture is the backbone of our growth in faith as a community of Christ. In addition to the studies that happen during the Sunday School hour, during the Presbyterian Women Circle Meetings or the Men’s Bible Study and Breakfast, we offer both long term, high commitment and shorter more introductory classes throughout the year. Email us for a current listing of classes.
Small Group Studies and Activities: Throughout the year there are a variety of small group experiences, some of them continuing and some of them short term. For example, Senior Adults meet for lunch and a speaker once a month, a singles group of men and women meet once a month at a local restaurant for lunch and fellowship after Sunday worship service, and there is a golf group, a sewing collaborative, a Prayer Shawl Ministry, book studies and, seasonally, a softball team. The newsletter is your best source of current events, or ask us!
Men’s and Women’s’ Groups:
- Presbyterian Women: Every woman is welcome to participate in any PW activity. Women of all ages have the opportunity to become involved in small groups (called Circles) that meet monthly, September- May during the day and evening. (These Circle meet at different times to accommodate personal schedules.) Circles enjoy caring friendships with each other, spiritual enrichment through prayer and Bible study and actively supporting local missions. Faith and fellowship are further nurtured by attending a midweek retreat at the beach in the fall and an overnight winter retreat at Camp Fellowship on Lake Greenwood.
- Men’s Bible Study and Breakfast: All men are invited to meet in the Fellowship Hall at Forest Lake on Tuesday mornings at 6:45am during the school year. The breakfast is the best meal in town for $3 and the fellowship and support are invaluable.
- Wednesday Morning Ladies’ Small Group: this women’s group gathers to share their lives and to pray for each other and the world. Meetings are held on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 10:00-11:15 during the school year.
- Ladies’ Breakfast: On the third Friday of each month all year long, women are invited to meet at the Lizard’s Thicket (7411 Nates Road Columbia, SC 29223) off of Two Notch Road at 9:00am for a good breakfast and great fellowship.
- 40+ Singles Lunch Bunch: Single women and men meet after worship one Sunday a month at a local restaurant for lunch and fellowship. All are welcome!