Lent Week 5 – Palm/Passion Sunday
March 26, 2018
You are loved unconditionally and completely. You are not what the world makes you. You were created because of love and you are given unconditional love. That is who you are: A beloved child who has love to share.
John 12:12-16 ~ The Triumphal Entry
Mark 14:32-36 ~ Jesus Prays in Gethsemane
That voice of love made it possible for Jesus to walk in the world, to live in truth, and also to suffer. He knew who he was, he claimed it, and he lived from it. People rejected him, hurt him, and finally killed him on the cross. But Jesus never lost the truth: his life on earth was a fulfillment of scripture. In return to what people had done to him, Jesus later said, “As the Father has loved me, I love you.”
- Have a parade! Shout, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
- Celebrate Holy Week with the church family: Stations of the Cross, Upper Room Communion, Seder Supper, Good Friday Service, Easter Worship.
- Repeat Q1 & Q2 from Belonging to God: A First Catechism (Adopted by the 210th General Assembly (1998) of the Presbyterian Church (USA))
- Question 1. Who Are You? I am a Child of God.
- Question 2. What does it mean to be a child of God? That I belong to God, who loves me.
- Transformation . . . . . Into What? September 20, 2018
- Letters Home: Dear Forest Lake – From Montreat Youth Conference September 6, 2018
- Letters Home: Dear Forest Lake – From Montreat Youth Conference July 19, 2018
- Letters Home: Dear Forest Lake – Can You Guess 2? July 13, 2018
- Letters Home: Dear Forest Lake – Can you guess? July 10, 2018