The Fourth Week of Lent – Tuesday
March 24, 2020
by Jill Duffield, Presbyterian Outlook editor
The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?
What are your greatest fears? List them and then pray through the list. Picture God’s
light surrounding each one. Remember that God knows them already and right now is
present, offering you strength and working for good. Can you turn one of those fears over to God’s care just for today?
Heavenly Father, our fears threaten to overtake us. We fear for the state of our world, for those we love, for ourselves. We obsess about what might happen and if resolution to wicked problems will come. Our regrets linger and our hopes remain unfulfilled. At least for today we put down our burdens and rest in your promise of light and love. Amen.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOG
- Lenten Devotional by Bill Wannamaker March 22, 2023
- A Message from Ellen 3-15-23 March 15, 2023
- Lenten Devotional from Ellen March 14, 2023
- Lenten Devotional by Jodi Beckham March 8, 2023
- A Message from Ellen March 1, 2023