The Fifth Week of Lent – Tuesday
March 31, 2020
by Jill Duffield, Presbyterian Outlook editor
Go and learn what this means: I want mercy and not sacrifice. I didn't come to call righteous people, but sinners.
Jesus tells us to go and learn what it means that he desires mercy and not sacrifice.
What does this mean? In one sentence write down what you think Jesus wants us to learn from this phrase. Now, how do you practice our Savior’s admonishment? How can you extend mercy, rather than requiring sacrifices?
Lord Christ, we live in the hope that you came not for the righteous but to save sinners. We know that we are not righteous and are desperately in need of your grace. There is nothing we could do that would be enough to earn your favor or forgiveness. Thanks be to God, you desire mercy and not sacrifice. Amen.
- A Message from Ellen 3-29-23 March 29, 2023
- Lenten Devotional by Bill Wannamaker March 22, 2023
- A Message from Ellen 3-15-23 March 15, 2023
- Lenten Devotional from Ellen March 14, 2023
- Lenten Devotional by Jodi Beckham March 8, 2023