Forest Lake Presbyterian Church is committed to supporting the work of Christ locally, nationally and internationally. More than 10 percent of our annual budget is spent on benevolent giving, including supporting PC(USA) mission co-workers Mark Adams and Miriam Maldonado Escobar (US-Mexico border), Shelvis and Nancy Smith-Mather (RECONCILE International, South Sudan), and the Ministry of Hope (Lesotho). Mission trips for youth and adults are currently being planned. Some of the local organizations we serve include:
- We are a host congregation for Family Promise of the Midlands, supporting families through homelessness.
- We are a Supporting Partner for The Cooperative Ministry.
- Our Backpack Buddies is a nutritional supplement program serving students at Forest Lake Elementary who are eligible for free and reduced meals.
- Our Children’s Garden grows hundreds of pounds of produce for Rehoboth Baptist Church Food Pantry each year.
- We are a member congregation supporting the efforts of Midlands Organized Response for Equity and Justice (MORE Justice).
- We support students of Forest Lake Elementary with mentors, adults from our congregation who meet with students once a week to help them with school work emphasizing the importance of education.
- We support Thornwell Children’s Home in building restoration, gifts to the children, and financial donations.
- Our support of the American Red Cross includes 2 blood drives each year.
- We support our first responders with a Public Safety luncheon annually.
- FLPC is a Certified Hunger Action Congregation by the PC(USA).
- FLPC is a Certified Earth Care Congregation by the PC(USA).